Senior Estimator, Lighting and Maintenance, Clearwater, FL
Title: Senior Estimator
Report To: VP Lighting & Maintenance Division
Department: Lighting & Maintenance
Date: November 1, 2019
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Estimator includes but not limited to researching, crafting and presenting comprehensive cost analysis for turnkey projects related to lighting and electrical services.
- Responsible for bid administration in preparing full estimates on complex work with minimum supervision. Insuring all working documents and data are maintained to support estimate figures.
- Ensure a complete review of plans and drawings. Identify items that have been omitted and ensure appropriate accounting for such items in overall estimate package that represents the full scope of the project.
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Organize and manage a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized
- Communicate project progress/status with executive management.
- Maintain current information on industry trends in order to ensure complete bids from subcontractors and material suppliers as required.
Job Specifications/ Requirements:
- Minimum experience — 5 years estimating, cost control and/or engineering experience.
- Thorough knowledge of estimating techniques, engineering disciplines and cost control systems.
- Ability to read blueprints and site plans.
- Critical thinker
- Detailed oriented.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Skills – Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word.
Work is performed in a general office environment. Repetitive finger/hand/forearm motion necessary for completing daily work assignments. Near visual acuity required for preparing and reading reports/blueprints.