The Senior Accountant will work with the Director of Accounting to support all of the company’s general accounting, cash management, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions. The Senior Accountant role would require an intermediate level of accounting experience, with strong analytical skills, a solid technology background utilizing excel and accounting database software. Must have the ability to effectively multi-task and maintain a strong, positive team-oriented environment. Ability to consistently meet reporting and month-end close deadlines is critical. Strong written and verbal communications skills are required. Strong Knowledge in general ledger entries, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process various account reconciliation, including customer deposits, cash receipts, travel advances, deposits and prepayments, retainage, sales and use tax accounts, etc.
- Process Credit Memos.
- Process AR write off and adjustment and manage customer ACH/Wire payment.
- Process state/local annual reports, business licenses, contractor licenses and census reporting.
- Process Debit Memos and updates reports.
- Process and reconcile accounts payable checks.
- Prepare AP aging report and schedule payments for canadian suppliers.
- Post wire payments for Canadian suppliers into the system.
- Prepare and reconcile quarterly Canada GST/HST and PST reports.
- Maintain and follow-up vendor accounts and invoices that was placed on-hold.
- Assist with Audits, banks and sales and use tax.
- Process ACH payments for company corporate credit card and fuel cards.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with month-end and year-end close.
- Experienced in general ledger, journal entries, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Meticulous, detail oriented, dependable and accountable.
- Fast learner with willingness to learn new tasks and other accounting functions.
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly in working with a team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and adapt to new and changing situations.
- Proficient and strong with Excel and be able to use various formulas and functions.
- Ability to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Maintain accuracy with large amounts of accounting data.
- Prefer a candidate that has experience with our ERP-Epicor.
Education Requirements – Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or higher required.
Benefits – AGI offers a comprehensive benefit package, 401k, life insurance, paid annual leave, health benefits inclusive of medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, and HSA. Paid time off inclusive of vacation and holiday. If you are interested in joining the accounting team of a growing company, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time