Project Manager, Lighting and Maintenance, Clearwater, FL
The Project Manager reports to a Senior Project Manager and/or a Director of Project Management. The Project Manager is responsible for the daily management, supervision, coordination, and successful completion of the project(s) to meet time and cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding, and contract administration functions.
Primary Duties :
Overall Planning for construction of the project.
- Development of cost estimates of assigned projects.
- Solicit and obtain bids from subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Issues subcontracts and purchase orders up to $500.
- Prepare the job start-up and close-out checklists.
- Prepare the detailed project construction progress schedule for subcontractors and suppliers. Update the schedule on a monthly basis or as required by the Contract.
- Prepare the Contract Schedule of Values.
- Secure properly executed subcontract and purchase order agreements, insurance certificates, bonds and other documents as required for protecting the interest of the Company.
- Prepare, expedite, and monitor logs for tracking shop drawings, contract documents, submittals, and request for information, change orders, material delivery logs and other as determined necessary for a successful project.
- With the shop:
- Monitor and expedite the delivery of materials.
- Assist the shop to insure that the project is constructed in accordance with the contract requirements and specifications and with the required quality.
- Development of the monthly job status report and participate in the preparation of the Cost Analysis Worksheet.
- Possess working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, and contract with Owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builds.
- Expediting payment from the owner
- Working understanding of processing of invoices and payment through to subcontractor for amounts due to them.
- Prepare change proposals, negotiate change orders, execute change orders, issue change orders to subcontractors and others and prepare revisions to the master cost breakdown as a result of change orders and management revisions.
- Document potential schedule delays and promptly notify supervision to submit request for extension of time and/or additional costs as per terms of the Contract.
- Maintaining awareness of all problem areas that arise during projects.
- Support and implement the company’s Project Quality Planning processes.
- Familiar with all policies and Processes as it relates to this position.
- Actively participates on internal team(s) that focuses on continuous improvement of the business.
- Coordinate installer teams for all locations in a given project.
- Travel to instillation sites to oversee the instillation of signs and or to Quality Check the instillation of all signs as needed.
Education Requirement – Minimum of a 4 year degree (or equivalent experience) in engineering, construction or architecture.
Experience – 5-8 years estimating, cost control and/or engineering experience. Experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Thorough knowledge of estimating techniques, engineering disciplines and cost control systems required. Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read blueprints and site plans.
Computer Skills – Proficient in MS Office Suite, with Excel or Access experience.
Work is performed in a general office environment. Repetitive finger/hand/forearm motion necessary for completing daily work assignments. Near visual acuity, talking and listening required. Travel within the United States necessary.