Aluminum Fabricator, Manufacturing, Virginia Beach, VA
An Aluminum fabricator will be required to interpret engineer drawings in order to fabricate the body work for aluminum and steel signs and ATMs.
- Read and interpret shop drawings to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, size of material, equipment to be used.
- Lay out and scribe material for proper size, cutting notching, and sheering so that waste is held to a minimum.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, press brakes, table saws, chop saws, drill presses, punches, routers, to cut, bend materials for fabrication.
- Welds, bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to assemble products.
- Understands and has basic welding skills for fabrication of aluminum and steel.
- Ensure that all corporate safety procedures for personnel and equipment in work area are followed.
- Meet established production schedules so that all customer orders are shipped within the time frame established by corporate policy.
- Cause all products sold to be manufactured precisely as specified in the company’s formal product specifications.
- Be responsible for assembling all hardware associated with assembly of signs.
- May be required to perform various manual tasks in other departments as warranted by workload in that department.
Education Requirement – The applicant should have a High School Diploma or GED.
Experience – 3-5 years of prior experience in fabrication. Able to read and interpret blue prints and drawings.