Report To: Metal Shop Lead Man/Metal Shop Supervisor
Classification: Hourly/ Non-exempt
- Read and interpret shop drawings
- Lay out materials.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines such as MIG welders, hand routers, drills and saws.
- Welds, bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to assemble products.
- Run workstation meeting all OSHA and UL guidelines
- Ensure that all hazardous materials are kept in accordance with EPA standards/ guidelines.
- Ensure all corporate safety procedures are followed.
- Cause all equipment to be maintained properly.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area.
- Meet established production schedules.
- Work overtime as required.
- Be able to meet quality standards.
Education Requirement – The applicant should have a High School Diploma or GED.
Experience – 1+ year of prior experience in fabrication.
Computer Skills – none.
Work is performed in a non-climate controlled warehouse with adequate lighting, ventilation, and machinery safe guards. Standing for long periods of time and may have to lift heavy materials and finished pieces (50 lbs. maximum).