Full Time- Virginia Beach, VA
AGI is in search of a freight logistics manager who understands the transportation process and its interface with business and production processes, warehousing and shipping. Excellent leadership skills are essential. Effective time management is a mustl, as is critical thinking and the ability to solve complex problems effectively. The freight logistics manager must be able to speak and write effectively, as well as assimilate information and make judgments based on the costs and benefits of various activities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing oversight, management, and facilitate organization development for planning and logistics personnel.
- Manage and lead logistics operations, including outbound and inbound freight, third-party warehouse utilization, and international shipments.
- Develop and implement logistics strategies and processes in support of business goals.
- Developing relationships with transportation companies, the warehouse and production managers to understand their needs as if they are customers.
- Directing or assisting in directing, the allocation of both incoming supplies and outbound, finished products and stay on top of developing transportation technologies to minimize the cost, both in time and cash, to move products.
Education: a degree in business, logistics management or a related field is preferred, not required.
Experience: 5+ years freight logistics experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office Suite, with Excel or Access experience.