Full-Time, Virginia Beach
We are looking to fill the position of Mechanical Engineer within our Virginia Beach office. AGI engineers play a critical role in the successful mechanical and structural design of architectural and commercial signage. By adapting and applying their individual engineering techniques, the successful candidate will be able to take the project from concept to completion, taking into account budgeting and operational considerations.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Develop and coordinate mechanical and structural designs of architectural and commercial signage to include material specification, design development, & production coordination.
- Work w/ in house and consulting engineers to develop required structural integrity to meet current IBC standards.
- Work w/ in house drafting resources to develop shop ready drawings.
- Work with production and project management to resolve design issues.
- Some travel (approx. once per month) to review site issues, oversee new product install, or research existing product for reverse engineering.
Education Requirement: The applicant should have the minimum of a 4 year degree or equivalent experience in business, engineering, construction or architecture.
Experience: Minimum 5 years in sign industry or eq. working in a similar design capacity
Computer Skills: Proficient in Autocad or Corel