Report To: Director of Technical Services
Date: January 29, 2018
Work cross functionally to produce detailed drawings & models for use in the manufacture of architectural signage.
This role plays a critical part in the successful design of architectural and commercial signage. By adapting and applying their individual designer skills, the successful candidate will be able to work efficiently in applicable AGI documentation tools to create models/drawings for the Project Engineers to review and approve. In addition this role has the unique position to help guide and define engineering drawing practices/standards as we continue to improve engineering work flow efficiency.
- Work closely with Project Engineering to develop final models/drawings for release to Operations
- Incorporation of client supplied art & logo files
- Support concept development
- Produce location specific message layouts in coordination with shop drawings.
- Work cross functionally with Engineering/Operations/ Project Management/Sales and Estimating team
- Provide technical support as required to shop personnel and project management to facilitate the production of signage.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Complete engineering drawings and models using Solidworks / AutoCAD / Corel Draw
- Understanding of basic construction and mechanical concepts.
- Ability to prepare clear, detailed, and efficient construction drawings
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
- Develop / implement drawing and modeling standards when required leveraging Solidworks PDM where applicable
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to correctly decipher architectural and civil blue prints from clients.
- Experience with ASME Y14.5
Education Requirement – Associates Degree +
Experience – 5 to 7 years
Computer Skills – Proficient in MS Office, Solidworks / Solidworks PDM / AutoCAD / Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
- Indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations, and temperature changes at least 90 percent (90%) of the time
- Frequent computer use at workstation up to four hours at a time.
- Frequently work at fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
- Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to access the computer to perform program tests.
- Marginal public contact position requiring appropriate business-like apparel.