CNC Operator, Manufacturing, Virginia Beach, VA
A CNC Operator will be required to interpret engineer drawings in order to fabricate the body work for aluminum and steel signs and ATMs.
- Read and interpret shop drawings to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, size of material, equipment to be used.
- Ensure that all corporate safety procedures for personnel and equipment in department are followed.
- Cause department to run in a manner that meets all OSHA, UL Standards and Fire Code Regulations. Ensure that all hazmats are kept in accordance with EPA Standards.
- Cause all equipment to be maintained properly.
- Meet established production schedules so that all customer orders are shipped within the time frame established by corporate policy.
- Cause all products sold to be manufactured precisely as specified in the company’s formal product specifications.
- Notify the CNC Cutting Lead Man on a timely basis when material availability precludes an order from being produced within the time frame established by corporate policy and what opportunities for substitution of materials exist.
- Read and interpret shop drawings and cut sheets to ensure that all work meets approved drawings.
- Monitor and meet established times on assigned projects.
- Notify the CNC Cutting Lead Man before cut material is moved from department.
- Ensure an adequate supply of necessary parts and long lead items are on hand to maintain equipment.
- Be able to handle the finished product in a way as to prevent damage.
- Be able to operate forklift and safely load/unload trucks and handle materials.
- Occasionally is required to work overtime as may be assigned by Supervisor depending on shop workload and job priorities.
Education Requirement: The applicant should have a High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 3-5 years of CNC Operations. Able to read and interpret blue prints and drawings.